Tuesday, June 16, 2009

2012 Not So Hot For Ensign

Update- Ensign resigns his GOP leadership post

LAS VEGAS — Sen. John Ensign of Nevada, a leading Republican mentioned as a potential presidential candidate, admitted Tuesday he had an extramarital affair with a woman who was a member of his campaign staff. "Last year I had an affair. I violated the vows of my marriage," Ensign said at a brief news conference in his home state. "It is the worst thing I have ever done in my life. If there was ever anything in my life that I could take back, this would be it."
-AP

Ensign is also responsible for the crushing defeat of the Republicans in 2008. His leadership turned the Senate tables to possibly a filibuster proof, democratic controlled Senate.

Ensign is traveling to Iowa this summer. He can forget about 2012 starting as a front-runner, or even possibly having a chance at all. Better to clear this now then during election season though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can post a comment.