Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Dan Maes Interview


We conducted and online interview with Gubernatorial candidate Dan Maes. Maes is a businessman from Evergreen, Colorado who hasn't run for office before.


Why can you win this nomination?
Because I am the right person, with the right skills, at the right time for the party and Colorado.


What sets you apart from the other candidates and possible candidates?
My life story of overcoming poverty to create multiple professional successes, my work ethic, and mostly my proven track record of administrative and executive experiences. The governor’s position is an executive, leadership position.


Why did you choose to get on the ballot via assembly?
My personality and work style is more in line with the assembly process. I love meeting people and winning them over to a worthy cause.


When did you start thinking of running for Governor?
I have wanted to run for office sine I was a teenager. I set my sites on a run almost 5 years ago when I started my business with the intent of running upon sale of the company. Governor, specifically, about 6 months ago

.
Why Governor and not Senator?
Again, my resume is more in line with the responsibilities of Governor.


What are your qualifications to lead the state?
I have over 20 years of management, and executive experience with leadership experience going back over 30 years into my teens. Detailed information on my experience can be found at my Face Book page.


How strong do you think your party is?
I think it is strong and growing stronger by the minute thanks to grass roots organizations that are conservative and ready to line up with Republicans who share their beliefs and are ready to stand by them.


Do you trust the party’s leadership?
Yes.


How do you plan to get your message across the entire state?
Campaigning is very similar to running a regional sales organization which I have done for over 15 years. We will use a combination of strategies including, but not limited to, attending 100’s of events, intense use of social networking, and direct mail.


Why do you feel you’re needed as our Governor and Ritter needs out?
Gov. Ritter is taking Colorado down the same path as Obama is taking the country. This has become Obama west and it must stop. We must re-energize our economy not suppress it.


How do you plan to get Colorado’s economy going again?
Creating a regulatory environment that is energy and business friendly while assuring great education in the state.


If there is one issue you can tackle as Governor what would it be?
Creating revenue via proactive business initiatives.


Anything else you’d like to add?
I feel strongly that Colorado conservatives are not only ready for a fresh face, but one that stands firmly on traditional Republican values and has the right skills at the right time of his professional path. My story is one that people from across the political spectrum can relate with and connect to.


To learn more go to www.danmaes.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Anyone can post a comment.